Metaculus improves the decision-making capacity of organizations and individuals by providing an open, reputation-based platform where people can improve their predictive abilities and organizations can calibrate their thinking according to calinrated and aggregated probabilities of future events.
Metaculus is in the process of adding new functionalities and growing the site in exciting ways. We want to bring onto the team a full-stack web developer who loves Metaculus and wants to see it thrive. We’re a small team, so you have a real opportunity here to influence the direction of the site and to make a big impact.
A successful candidate will be expected to
- add new front-end features using Angular.js;
- contribute to the Metaculus aesthetic with thoughtfully crafted CSS and HTML;
- write RESTful APIs with Django and the Django REST Framework;
- perform database migrations;
- execute efficient SQL queries;
- thoroughly debug and test all new code.
Ideal candidates will have 3+ years of web development experience and some familiarity with D3.js on the front-end and Numpy on the back-end. This position is remote and can be either full- or part-time, depending on the candidate.
If this seems like a good fit for you, please send your resume, short cover letter, and a coding sample or link to a project that you've worked on to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Web Developer.” We hope to hear from you soon!