Metaculus is hiring!
Metaculus is in the process of adding new functionalities and growing the site in exciting ways. We want to bring onto the team a full-stack web developer who loves Metaculus and wants to see it thrive. We’re a small team, so you have a real opportunity here to influence the direction of the site and to make a big impact.
A successful candidate will be expected to
- add new front-end features using Angular.js;
- contribute to the Metaculus aesthetic with thoughtfully crafted CSS and HTML;
- write RESTful APIs with Django and the Django REST Framework;
- perform database migrations;
- execute efficient SQL queries;
- thoroughly debug and test all new code.
Ideal candidates will have 3+ years of web development experience and some familiarity with D3.js on the front-end and Numpy on the back-end. This position is remote and can be either full- or part-time, depending on the candidate.
If this seems like a good fit for you, please send your resume, short cover letter, and a coding sample or link to a project that you've worked on to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Web Developer.” We hope to hear from you soon!