The Economist has a recent tradition of publishing articles close to the end of the year highlighting prediction market forecasts on likely trends in the year ahead, e.g. this 2018 story, and this article from 2019.
I'm seeking input from the community: in your opinion, what are the most important forecasts for 2021? Existing questions and new question suggestions would both be great to hear.
Some potential topics:
- Vaccines, stay-at-home orders, and the overall evolution of COVID-19
- Electoral outcomes and the surrounding possible legal battles
- Economic recovery around the world
- AI development and progress
- New Large Hadron Collider experiments
- What else?
Thanks for sharing your thoughts!