Xi Jinping is currently nearing the end of his second term as CCP General Secretary and is expected to make a bid for a third term and win it with a 92% chance according to a current Metaculus question. There is considerable speculation that Xi will pave the way for a much longer tenure akin to the tenure of Mao Zedong and Deng Xiaping. Having China ruled by a single figure with a potentially unlimited tenure might have considerable ramifications for a variety of topics ranging from the West's China policy to global security concerns.
Will Xi Jinping continue leading China in 2030?
This question will resolve positive if either:
- Xi is CCP General Secretary on 1 January, 2030.
- Xi is paramount leader of China on 1 January, 2030.
- Xi is de facto leader of China on 1 January, 2030.
This question will resolve negative if:
- Any other person is leader on 1 January, 2030.
This question will resolve ambiguous if:
- China ceases to exist as the political entity it is right now.