The Effective Altruism Wiki is a wiki about effective altruism and related topics hosted on the Effective Altruism Forum. It was launched in March 2021.
As of 2 September 2021, articles published on the Wiki comprise a total of 111,000 words of content. Some of this content (perhaps one third of it) was imported from Effective Altruism Concepts, a precursor to the Wiki created in 2017 which is no longer active. A fraction of the remaining content (perhaps one half of it) was written by Pablo over a six-month period preceding the launch of the Wiki. The rest was created since the Wiki launched, by both paid and volunteer contributors.
This is the first in a series of six questions about the EA Wiki, aimed to generate information of potential value to wiki editors, funders, and other interested parties.
- How many words of content will have been published?
- What fraction of total traffic to the EA Forum will be Wiki traffic?
- What fraction of total content will have been written by volunteer contributors?
- How fast will the EA Wiki grow relative to the LessWrong Wiki?
- What will be the quality of the best articles?
- Will the Wiki be "alive"?