The LessWrong Wiki has existed since April 2009. After a period of very low activity, it was relaunched in September 2020.
As of 2 September 2021, around 111,000 words have been published on the EA Wiki and around 103,000 words have been published on the LessWrong Wiki.
This is the fourth in a series of six questions about the EA Wiki, aimed to generate information of potential value to wiki editors, funders, and other interested parties.
- How many words of content will have been published?
- What fraction of total traffic to the EA Forum will be Wiki traffic?
- What fraction of total content will have been written by volunteer contributors?
- How fast will the EA Wiki grow relative to the LessWrong Wiki?
- What will be the quality of the best articles?
- Will the Wiki be "alive"?
By 2023, how fast will the Effective Altruism Wiki have grown relative to the LessWrong Wiki?
The question will resolve by dividing the growth rate of the EA Wiki between 2 September 2021 and 1 January 2023, and dividing this figure by the LW Wiki growth rate over the same period. Growth will be measured in number of words, calculated according to the same methodology for both wikis and in the same manner as done for this other question.